- Top 10 funniest GIFs and Vines from 2014 NFL Week 1
- Top 10 funniest Antonio Brown kick memes
- Top 10 funniest GameDay Signs from Oregon/Michigan State
- Bald NFL QBs: What today’s NFL QBs would look like going bald
- Top 10 funniest GIFs and Vines from 2014 College Football Week 1
- Top 10 funniest #GamedaySigns from Florida State/Oklahoma State
- Pothead NFL logos: What if all 32 NFL logos smoked weed?
- Top 10 worst celebrity first pitches of all time
- Top 10 most obnoxious drunks in the NFL
- Star Wars MLB logos: all 30 teams re-mixed with Star Wars
- Top 10 funniest LeBron back to Cleveland memes
- “Game of Thrones” Banners For All 30 MLB Teams
- Which X-Men Character Is Your MLB Team?
- Top 10 funniest Jameis Winston crab leg memes
- Top 10 funniest GIFs and Vines of the 2013-14 NBA season
New Team, New Continent, Same Mark Trumbo Defense
- Updated: March 22, 2014
“It’s a great day for a ball game in Australia; let’s misplay two!” – Ernie Banks, watching Mark Trumbo’s attempt at defense in the Diamondbacks’ season opening 3-1 loss to the Dodgers.
We are not entirely certain why Arizona traded for Mark Trumbo in the offseason, but if they intended for him to be their answer in left field, they may be better served playing with five infielders and two outfielders instead. Trumbo’s first blunder was simple enough – a blooper toward the left field line that gave the newest D-back delusions of emulating former teammate Mike Trout. This, however, was no Trout-like effort. It was more of a flounder.
Proving that was no fluke, Trumbo doubled down Down Under with one of the more spectacular outfield fails we are likely to see all season.
Australians have not been witnesses to such poor judgment since Paul Hogan chose to make the sequels to “Crocodile” Dundee.
Rumor has it that Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson has pushed the front office to work out a deal to leave Trumbo behind in Syndey by trading him to Team Australia for a case of Foster’s Lager.